MRA 2015-2016 Request For Proposals
The Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA) announces a Request for Proposals (RFP) soliciting high-impact translational research from scientists and clinicians around the world. The RFP calls for ideas that have the potential to lead to near-term clinical application in melanoma prevention, detection, diagnosis, staging, and treatment.
Proposals will be accepted for:
- Team Science Awards
- Young Investigator Awards
- Academic-Industry Partnership Awards (for Established Investigators)
- Special Opportunity Awards.
Several Special Opportunity Awards are available through the RFP, including:
- Saban Family Foundation-MRA Team Science Awards (for Israel-led teams)
- L'Oreal Paris-MRA Team Science Award for Women in Scientific Research
- Uveal Melanoma Team Science Award
- Acral Melanoma Team Science Award
- Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer-MRA Young Investigator Award
MRA announced its first RFP in August, 2015, and the second RFP in September, 2015. The RFP here includes the complete range of applications for 2015-2016, including the Special Opportunity Awards. Please refer to the current RFP document when considering your submission.
Please note the following key deadlines:
October 12, 2015: Team Science Award Letters of Intent are due
November 16, 2015: Young Investigator Award and Academic-Industry Partnership Award proposals are due
Full descriptions of each award opportunity, including eligibility criteria and instructions can be found in the RFP document: 2015-2016 Request for Proposals
Questions: Laura Brockway-Lunardi, Ph.D., MRA Scientific Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanoma is a leading cause of new cancers, and more effective options for patients and those at risk are urgently needed. Recent scientific and clinical advances have provided new hope, but much work remains to be done to end suffering and death from melanoma.