Melanoma 2016 — the Year in Review
By Louise M. Perkins, Ph.D. MRA Chief Science Officer | 20 January 2017 In News
In the nearly 10 years since MRA’s founding in 2007, there has been extraordinary progress for melanoma. With 11 new treatments approved since 2011, it began to feel like frequent new drug approvals was the current norm.
Understanding Neoantigens: A Critical Target for Improving Immunotherapy
By Kristen Mueller, Scientific Program Director | 20 January 2017
The approval of eleven new therapies for melanoma since 2011 has led to dramatic changes in how doctors treat melanoma and even more importantly, has led to better outcomes for many patients. Chief among the new therapies are those that target the immune system.
Melanoma Immunotherapy and Precision Medicine — a Medical Student’s Perspective
By Pooja H. Rambhia, Case Western Reserve University, MD Candidate, | 20 January 2017 In Science
Malignant melanoma research has provided the perfect opportunity to explore the intersection of immunotherapy and precision medicine, which has greatly transformed melanoma therapeutics in the last decade.
By Pamela Goldsmith, MRA Director of Communications | 20 January 2017 In Melanoma Stories
To say that Tara Miller inspired mixed emotions is to begin to understand her life. The strong-willed survivor, who lost her battle to melanoma in 2014, reflected the contradictions that define an indomitable will to live.
MRA Researchers in the News
20 January 2017 In News
• Disabling Critical "Node" Revs Up Attack When Cancer Immunotherapies Fall, Short, Healthcanal.com, 12/1/2016
• Blood protein may help doctors determine which patients are likely to benefit from immune checkpoint inhibitors, Healthcanal.com,12/22/2016
• A Serum Biomarker May Predict Response to Immunotherapy Drugs That Target Immune Checkpoints, Healthcanal.com, 12/21/2016
• Nanodiscs deliver personalized cancer therapy to immune system, Michigan News, University of Michigan, 12/26/2016
- The Promise of Immunotherapy
- It's THAT Worth It Thunderclap
- Thought Leadership and Conferences
- The Sunscreen Innovation Act
- MRA & SU2C - Tom Hanks & Hillary Kind
- Skinceuticals MRA 'Spots' Video
- MRA Rings Closing Bell at NYSE
- Jeff Rowbottom at the Forbes Healthcare Summit
- MRA-SU2C Melanoma Dream Team
- Bruce Springsteen PSA
- Accelerating Progress for a Cure
- Style Network-MRA PSA
- Cancer 101 Briefing Series: Today's Cancer Clinical Trials. Tomorrow's Cures.