Protect Your Skin PSA
Giada de Laurentiis, Stand Up To Cancer Ambassador
One person dies every hour in the U.S. of melanoma.
- Melanoma accounts for only 4% of cases of skin cancer – but an astounding 80% of deaths from skin cancer.
- In the U.S., someone is diagnosed with melanoma every eight minutes.
- Melanoma is the fastest growing cancer around the world. In the U.S., the incidence of melanoma has tripled over the past three decades.
- Catching melanoma early is the key to beating it. If detected in the very early stage, melanoma can be cured with surgery more than 90% of the time. On the other hand, patients with Stage IV melanoma have a median life expectancy of less than one year.
- One in every 50 Americans will develop melanoma in their lifetime.