Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: President and CEO
Location: Melanoma Research Alliance (MRA) office in Washington, DC
Salary Range: $55,000 - $75,000 dependent upon skills and experience (full-time);
OR three-quarter time range $41,250 - $56,250.
Position Type: Salaried / Minimum three-quarter time with benefits;
Potentially full-time depending on candidate desire.
Office Setting: Until COVID-risk decreases, candidate will be required to work three days per week
from office, two days per week from home.
MRA does plan to return to full office occupancy when risk of COVID-19 subsides.
The Operations Coordinator provides logistical and business support across the organization with particular emphasis on human resources, finances, and facilities. MRA is a small team of ten employees with the primary investment made in grant-making, and no plans for staff expansion. The ideal candidate will be a generalist, a team player, able to multi-task effectively, and have a strong eye for details.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org after reviewing the full job description below.
The mission of MRA is to end suffering and death due to melanoma by collaborating with all stakeholders to accelerate powerful research, advance cures, and prevent more melanomas.
MRA has awarded more than $131 million to research worldwide and has leveraged over $415 million in co-funding and follow-on awards. Since MRA’s founding, FDA-approved treatments have expanded from 2 to 15, and from 2013 to 2017, the overall melanoma death rate dropped by 7% per year, outpacing all other cancers.
MRA was launched in 2007 by Debra and Leon Black under the auspices of the Milken Institute. Due to the ongoing support of our founders, 100% of every donation to MRA goes directly to melanoma research.
- Track monthly employee expense reporting and reconciliation (via Expensify);
- Maintain vendor files, process invoices and payments, and route for approval/issuance (via Bill.com);
- Provide support to CEO and outsourced accounting (BDO) on preparing schedules for audits and annual IRS filings; and
- Process mail and manage check and cash deposits in coordination with development staff.
- Ensure all employee personnel files are complete and updated regularly;
- Manage the posting of new hire opportunities and coordinating candidate reviews;
- Manage the onboarding of new staff and employee exit interviews;
- Coordinate year-end employee evaluation process;
- Ensure employee time, PTO, and benefits administered/tracked in compliance with policies (includes serving as an administrator on ADP);
- Serve as point-person to ExecPro (MRA personnel benefits administrator & IT provider) – for set-up and/or purchase of equipment, and processing of invoices for all employee benefits;
- Conduct bi-annual check-ins with each employee to ensure needs/concerns addressed; and
- Serve as point person for staff anniversary and birthday celebrations.
- Serve as logistical point/coordinator for MRA team on events including MRA Scientific Retreat, Patient Forum, and webinars;
- Ensure MRA office supplies and program materials are kept well stocked; and
- Serve as point-of-contact to MRA vendors and perform targeted research and analysis on vendors, event space, products, etc. and, make recommendations based on results as needed.
- Official notetaker for board meetings and board committees;
- Manage assembly and distribution of Board Books; and
- Ensure email accounts, phone number listings, and voice mailboxes are kept up-to-date (including regular checking of MRA’s general voice mail and email inboxes).
Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred;
- Minimum one year of administrative/operational experience;
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality control;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Sound judgment, professionalism, and discretion;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in a variety of online systems and software and/or ability to learn them (current systems/software used include: Expensify, Bill.com, ADP, Salesforce, MS Office, Zoom, Skype, and MS Teams).
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Experience and comfort in working with finance and numbers;
- Must be able to handle problems quickly and efficiently;
- A personal attitude that includes being entrepreneurial, action-oriented, and flexible; and
- Ability to successfully complete a security background check.
To apply for a position at MRA, please submit a resume AND cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the position being applied for referenced in the subject line. Please note – the employment email at MRA is only checked daily when a current opening is posted on the MRA website.